Sunday, April 24, 2011

Front yard update...


In reference to the picture I posted in the last posting, we finished planting our front yard rocked-in area with a spruce tree, a maple tree, and a bunch of strawberries...Now with the weather starting to warm up, the leaves are coming out and we have a much nicer front yard. The strawberries are supposed to fill in and hopefully produce berries while acting as ground cover. It's been a long wet spring and I am ready for some warmer days! In other news, I went and visited my mom in Malad a couple of weeks ago. It was shaping up to be a really nice visit until she fell in her bedroom and broke her wrist! My poor mom! She went in for a pinning last week and is on the mend. But she is requiring help to get showered and dressed, fix meals, etc. So Annette and I arranged for some ladies in the town to come in once a day and help her for a few hours. Then Heather (Annette's oldest daughter) comes to hang out most afternoons to keep her company and fetch her the phone and things.


Kevin and I are getting very cabin hungry at this point...which usually happens this time of year. It's too early to get in there so we will have to wait for Memorial weekend. In the mean time, we have had a little more work done to it...the stairwell leading down to the basement needed treads finished and the whole staircase strengthened. The job is finished and we received some pictures from the guy who did the job.

This is the view from the basement going up the stairs...the treads were all open before so you could see through each stair. Now they are covered with the antique oak hardwood that is on the main floor.
This is the view going down from the main floor. The guy did an excellent job and we are lucky we found someone who pays attention to detail and takes pride in his work. We can't wait to get up there and see it for ourselves!


1 comment:

Aunt Lisa said...

All your projects look great...Spring is so nice when you've waited so long for it.

I'm glad that you were there with Pat when she fell...I'm sure that helped her a lot.