
My neice Lindsey "tagged" any innocent bystander who happened to stumble onto her blog today to post some christmas craft ideas...wow. We are supposed to come up with 5! I have not crafted for ages. The only thing I've made that I am semi proud of and that is even remotely gift related are these name tags. You can used them on gifts or on a photo page. I happen to really like this idea and I hope you will too.
Instructions: What you do is go into one of those ridiculously expensive paper stores and buy way too much paper that you love and that will probably sit in your closet gathering dust until you happen upon my blog and I "tag" you to make something. Cut out some shapes that you like...I happen to like rectangles (did I mention that rectangles are really easy to cut out?). While you are in the paper store be sure to buy the ink that comes in little containers with a sponge that is meant to "edge" things with. Edge your shapes with the ink sponge and rub it around a little...it antiques the edges. Then stick on ready-made letters in a style that you like (also bought at the paper store) and decorate with flowers or stick-on glitters (in the little circles on the paper that you buy at the store!) In other words...buy lots of cute little decorations and go crazy with it.
3 comments:
Those are really cute! By the way, I'm the cousin that started the crafty thingy, and this idea hadn't occurred to me! I think it's a great idea for me to keep in reserve for my nieces next year... Thanks :)
:)
I love that your instructions include spending way too much money at the paper store, since that is ALWAYS how it ends up!
I KNOW you are very artistic, so I don't believe this is all you can do. But I'll let you off the hook anyway because this craft is so cute!
Cuuuute! Does this mean I'm tagged?
Post a Comment