Well, I posted on the first day of April so I better post on the last to make sure I keep faith with my New Year's Resolution...remember??? Way back in January, we all vowed to do something this year to make our lives "mo' better, lah dat" (Hawaiian pigeon English). So mine was to post twice a month. January (ironically enough) was the only month so far that I haven't done it..(or was it February?) Anyway, this month has gone by way too fast and I am at a loss as to where it all went.
I vaguely remember looking for a cleaning person to come in twice a month to help us with the upkeep of our sprawling mansion (1600 sq ft). Found one on Craig's list. She ripped us off (small theft). Called the police. End of that story line. We now have a new cleaning person, recommended by a co-worker of mine who's house she has cleaned for years...she came and did a fantastic job! I tell you what, I used to clean houses and I appreciate the effort and detail that went into this latest person's work. I came home and just had to text her right then...so nice! What a luxury.
Next thing I know, we were finishing up with the rental...several weekends in a row got the bathroom redone...looks great! The house is ready to go now!!! Yeah! No pics, what a slacker! (me)...Kevin was the hero here...if it wasn't for his persistent effort, we would still be looking at a leaking toilet and sink, a scarred up wood floor, and countless smaller details that went into cleaning up the rental. Way to go Kevin! We just need to find the right renter now.
On a serious note, my friend Sheri from work, became worse with her Leukemia. No more treatments. She was able to visit with friends and put her affairs in order before succumbing to her illness a few days ago. I am glad I went over a few times to bring cheer and food. She was a very social person right up to the last. May she forever rest in Peace. I will miss her greatly. It makes me think about my life, of course, and how relationships are all any of us has that lasts in any one's memories. Your accomplishments may be great but the real thing is how people remember how you made them feel. Jewel had a song a while ago and my favorite line is "In the end, only kindness matters..." That's so true and I try to remember it always. I fall short many times but Sheri was that kind of person. She set a great example for the people who knew her.
We took a quick trip to the cabin with Chelsie and Michael over the weekend and loved every minute of it. The weather was cold but that can have it's charms. We did some work but not too crazy...mostly relaxed. It was so fun to get away with "the Kids" as we call them even though they are adults. They made it really enjoyable.
That about covers April. May brings my mom to live with us, at least for a little while. We might be taking her to Malad to stay towards the end of the month. I hired a nice college girl who is on summer break. She is going to come over once a day while I'm at work to help mom with things and break up the day for her. I hope it all works out. I guess we will cross various bridges as we get to them.
Post out.
Monday, April 30, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment