We bought the house in 2003 and it had these generic oak cabinets and white appliances in it. We loved it at the time...
Notice the raised bar on the left-hand side of the picture...handy for catching all kinds of papers, keys, cell phones, but not for sitting and eating. It did block the view of the kitchen sink from the livingroom though so I guess that's good.
About a year and a half ago, we had the oak resurfaced with a darker wood veneer and new cabinet doors and drawer fronts. But we didn't know exactly what we wanted for the counter top and even toyed with the idea of painting the edging around the tile to match the dark wood cabinets...I just didn't like the tile at all with the cabinets at this point.
Notice the raised bar on the left-hand side of the picture...handy for catching all kinds of papers, keys, cell phones, but not for sitting and eating. It did block the view of the kitchen sink from the livingroom though so I guess that's good.
About a year and a half ago, we had the oak resurfaced with a darker wood veneer and new cabinet doors and drawer fronts. But we didn't know exactly what we wanted for the counter top and even toyed with the idea of painting the edging around the tile to match the dark wood cabinets...I just didn't like the tile at all with the cabinets at this point.
About 6 weeks ago, we got granite put in with tile backsplash but with the white appliances...But now we have the stainless appliances just this past weekend so I wanted to get this in the blog before I forget! We are so excited. it's like livng in a new house!
Notice the drawers to either side of the oven door...they used to be cupboard doors with shelves but we had huge drawers installed for pans and now you just reach into them to get a pan instead of having to get down on the floor to reach under the cupboard shelving.
We lowered the raised bar to the height of the rest of the countertop so that we would have a bigger expanse of granite there and open up the room to a view of the livingroom. Now we will have to keep our dishes off the countertop...no more cheating and hiding the mess behind a wall ;)
Undermount sink and new faucet as well. So nice to be able to wipe the countertop crumbs right into the sink!

3 comments:
Dang, I LOOOOOOVE IT! That backsplash is just the best part! Beautiful. And I bet you will love lowering that bar. Just a few more inches probably feels like YARDS more counterspace!
It does! And I really like how open the whole kitchen feels now. Thanks!
Trish - I love it! You guys did a great job. Love you!
Post a Comment