
I had an interesting experience one morning...I decided to set up my paints outside on the covered patio. Well, it's amazing how total strangers think they can talk to you and comment on your work...stand and watch you, take pictures of you, etc. I must have talked to 20 people as they passed...asking me where I'm from, how long I've been painting... this one lady even sat and drew a sketch of me painting! Then she took my picture. So I had her take one of me with my phone for this blog.
I wouldn't normally publish such a poor shot of me...eyes closed...but I promised Laura (friend from school) a picture of me painting in Hawaii so here it is! The painting is crrrap (roll the R)...but it was really fun. Today, kevin and I are visiting a really pretty resort and I plan to paint while he...guess what?! Fishes!

Here's our condo...modest but comfortable...Chelsie wanted pics. Actually it's in a really good location. Last night we went just down the beach a hotel away and sat on the sand with about 200-300 other people and watched a fireworks display over the ocean...really cool show all for free. So fun.

Tiny little tv but still managed to enjoy our shows...American Idol, House, etc...I got to see the finale of The Bachelor too...another disappointing season where the bachelor chooses exactly the WRONG girl...train wreck waiting to happen...can't help but watch.

The Kitchen is DINKY! But it's been great to have our own meals on our own time and the way we like them. We've eaten out a few times but mostly cooked our own stuff.
I went to visit my grandmother and aunt yesterday on the North shore. It was great to see them again...Mama is 96 and looking good! She won't promise a 100th birthday so we can all throw her a party...even though I pressured her. She seems in good health and I enjoyed visiting with her and catching up. Lisa gave me all the links to the family blogs so I hope to keep up a little better with everyone going forward.
I went to visit my grandmother and aunt yesterday on the North shore. It was great to see them again...Mama is 96 and looking good! She won't promise a 100th birthday so we can all throw her a party...even though I pressured her. She seems in good health and I enjoyed visiting with her and catching up. Lisa gave me all the links to the family blogs so I hope to keep up a little better with everyone going forward.I may not post again until I get home since the internet service in this condo is scetchy at best...thought I'd lost this entry and it wouldn't let me send it...but later I checked and most of it had been saved. So anyway, i'm going to post this before the internet decides to quit again! See you soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment