Sunday, March 29, 2009

Night shift

The last two nights I'm on the night shift at work. So far, I haven't been very busy at all. I know you should never say the words "quiet" or " not busy" in a hospital...that's the first rule of nursing. Last night, I "slept" most of the night on a lumpy couch in the breakroom with my face smashed up into a pillow that is NOT my pillow if you know what I mean. Hospital pillows are covered in some weird synthetic fabric that is easy to clean so they crinkle under your ear when you breath.

Tonight I'm going to try to get downstairs at some point to use the massage chair...yes a full back massage chair with a remote control. It's hidden away in another part of the hospital. A little creepy wandering around the basement of hospitals at night though...ever read "Coma"? This room that has the chair is in the most remote corner of the hospital basement imaginable so maybe I am talking myself out of this as I type. But...my neck has a kink in it that will not go away (cue the "Jaws!" music please).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Next time bring a pillow from home!! It would make all the difference in the world.