Wednesday, February 11, 2009

First entry

Well hello blogger world! I am trying my hand at this to see if I like it. I was inspired by my niece Lindsey because she has such a cute blog. I've been reading her's for years and now will at least give it a good shot. I thought it was a good time to begin since I just graduated from Nurse Anesthesia school and will be starting a brand new career on Monday! 

For those of you who don't know what nurse anesthetists do, we provide a majority of the anesthetic services for surgical procedures in the U.S. (65%). We can provide every anesthesia service throughout the surgical experience. Our training requires a registered nursing degree along with quite a bit of ICU nursing experience before we get to apply to an anesthesia school. The schooling takes 2 1/2 years with many hours of clinical training involved. I have had to put most of my life on hold to do this schooling so I am in a position to reshape a lot of my habits to fit my new career. I hope to be able to post some of my experiences in my job since I still have a lot to learn. 

A little about me...I'm 49! Wow...so old and yet so young, depending on your outlook. My husband Kevin and I raised two kids who both live in Boise. We get to see them all the time and love that. I started back to college when the kids were in high school because I had always wanted to finish college and do something challenging. I have spent the last 9 years in school so I am not sure how this new "not-in-school me" is going to pan out. I am so used to having to prepare for this or that test or paper or project. SO weird to not have anything like that to worry about. I find myself wandering around the house with no real goal in mind. I know I should be doing something like cleaning, getting organized, etc. because I have had to put all that on the back burner for so long. I will write more later. I have a lot of interests and fun stuff that I want to write about but for now, I'll let you in on a little secret...I LOVE watching reality TV. Right now I am watching The Bachelor and American Idol. Survivor starts a new season soon and Dancing With the Stars has already started! We missed the beginning episode so I will have to DVR it for sure.

No comments: