Friday, February 27, 2009

Bak bak bak bak bak (think chickens)

OK, so as part of my preparation for the crash of our economy, I wanted to pick up a couple of hens and keep them in my back yard...in a coop...in the middle of a tight subdivision. Here's the thing, each hen will lay an egg a day if you provide the proper feed, lighting, etc. IF...the grocery stores were all cleaned out or there were no shipments of eggs or they cost too much or it was too dangerous to go to the store or you needed something of value (food) to trade for car parts or something (big breath here) then you would have a surplus of eggs to use! I mean, Kevin and I don't even eat eggs everyday so we would have extra.

Chelsie and Michael are having way too much fun over this...crazy mom and her doomsday preparations! They've told all their friends about it. I'm a laughing stock. Chelsie was thus cracking up one day on the phone when I mentioned that I would be raising these hens from chicks. She got all quiet and then in a heart beat started talking all high and cute, "you mean they will be babies?????!!!" And her heart just melted thinking about those cute little fuzzy chicks. She wants to name them. I told her she could come with me to pick them out. She's super excited now...go figure. She said at the end of the call, "ok mom, I guess it's not so funny if they are cute".