Kevin and I took a trip to San Diego early in January to visit my Uncle Dennis (a surprise gift from Kevin for Christmas). Dennis was recently diagnosed with Parkinson’s Disease and it really hit me hard. That’s what my mom had and it was still so fresh in my mind what she went through that I felt very strongly that I wanted to see him.
We visited with them for a day and then spent the night there. They have a beautiful home and it was so nice to see them. Dennis was really doing well.
The rest of the time, Kevin and I stayed at a nice hotel in La Jolla. We went to the beach to see the sea lions and also on a winery tour, which was really fun.
We got a little tipsy but that was kinda the point. So beautiful there.My mom loved La Jolla and I couldn’t help but think of her the whole time we were there. She used to love going down to see the sea lions and just listen to the waves. It was her favorite thing to do. So this post is dedicated to you, mom!




No comments:
Post a Comment