Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy New Year everybody!

Kevin and I had dinner at his mom's house and then came home and sat in front of the woodburning fireplace that Kevin installed recently. It was a nice relaxing end to 2009. We are not partiers at all.

It's always a struggle for me to even think about a new year...new possibilities, etc...I'm still just trying to process that another year has past. Time flies when you are getting into the middle years. A year doesn't hold the same promise that it used to. It goes by too fast to live up to any expectations I might have had for it.

I will have been at my new job a year come Feb 17th...just around the corner. I feel like progress has definitely been made at work in my own comfort level, my skills, etc. But it went by so fast that it's hard to have any perspective. I think I will have to have been at my job for about five years before I will see the progress. It's a weird mindset so I try not to think about it too much.

I'm glad I've kind of kept up with this blog. If no one reads it, it's still a record of 2009 that I never would have written down or otherwise kept track of. I can at least look back on my posts and remember what was happening then...its not all just a blur. And it's an excuse to take pictures and document the events somewhere with them. So thanks Lindsey and Amy for inspiring me. I still check your blogs almost everyday. And even though I don't leave comments very often, I love how you guys are making such great homes for yourselves and your families.

Happy 2010...weird to type that!

2 comments:

Lindsey said...

I'm definitely still reading yours. Every time you post, I see it! :) Don't stop with 2009, keep going!

Anonymous said...

You are my inspiration. I should start one and just post occasionally - like you said it would be a start to recording. I must begin. I will have to have Lindsey help me again. I did start one but never posted. Love to read your blog - Mom read it with me!