Sunday, January 10, 2010

Christmas and Kitties

Christmas was really nice. We celebrated a little early since Polina was heading home to Russia and wouldn't be here on the 25th. Above is a picture of the table for dinner...I wanted to record it since I thought it turned out so well. We did the traditional dinner with turkey and gravy, all the favoites. But for some dumb reason, the turkey would not get done. It was frustrating. But we had plenty of other food.
We opened all our presents the night of the 19th and it was really fun. But what was surprising is the unintended consequence of doing Christmas a week early...we didn't have the rush right up to Christmas eve like the rest of the city. We avoided the mall, we had time to just relax...it was really nice! And after Christmas, the let down I usually feel just wasn't there. I was fine with the whole thing just mellowing into the end of the year. I think we should do it this way every year!
Ok, now for adventures in babysitting kitties...Since Jasper and Polina are in Russia, we have taken on the awesome responsibility for these two little fluff balls of energy. That means three cats and a dog under our roof right now. The only thing that is saving us is that we have them set up in one of the bedrooms with their food, etc. and when they get to be too rambunctious, we put them in there to cool down.
This is Pashka...he's very interested in Kevin's pen and is sitting there staring at it. He wants to know everything that you are doing and tries to "help" whenever he can.


Max in the tree...a favorite play area for both of them. I ended up taking all the moss that I had in there and storing it. They liked it a little too much. They chase each other around the base of that tree for 10 minutes at a time.


Then they zonk out where ever they end up...

Mafia has finally warmed up to them and plays with them sometimes...he's about twice their size but was so intimidated at first. Now he just acts like one of them...except he can't keep going as long.

Mafia and Max in the bathroom...the kittens love the sink and will jump into it whenever you approach the bathroom. Max even jumped into my bathtub as it was filling...twice!
Their favorite place to hang out and sleep seems to be in front of the fireplace now. They get all drowsy and limp like they are drugged. Pashka especially likes it there. We are having a lot of fun with them.
















3 comments:

Anonymous said...

awe...great pics...we miss them so much...they seem to be all grown up now...

Pat's pithy page said...

They are still little compared to Mafia. I swear he is twice their size! They will still be little when you get back I promise ;)

Lindsey said...

Thanks for your comment on my "blah" blog post. I needed the reminder to allow time to work its magic. You're right, so many things in life are a cycle and I need to move with the flow. I'll get back to center soon.

Than you. I love you too!