I used to love pop tarts as a kid but got away from them for years at a time. I would buy them for my kids and have a few myself but never really DUG them, if you know what I mean. Just recently, I was walking along the isle at the store and a box of raspberry frosted pop tarts jumped into my view. I don't know if they were waiting for me, specifically or if any ol' housewife would do...but there they were and they looked SOOOOO good for some reason. I bought them and ate them within three days.
Then the addiction took hold. I bet the manufacturers put something in them to hook people because, first of all, the box looks good...some subliminal message must be just underneath the picture of the pop tarts...like, oh I don't know...a picture of some hot actor. The thing is, it's subliminal so you can't register it with the conscious mind. Then the pop tart itself is just chewy and a little crispy and the frosting tastes like marshmellows over a campfire...and the memories of eating them as a kid rushes in...you know...addiction.
So I currently have four more pop tarts in my cupboard (I just ate two). The box is on the third shelf down and a little to the right as you open the pantry door. I only buy one box at a time so that I can fool myself into thinking that I could give them up at any time if I wanted. There are only eight tarts in a small box you know. Not nearly enough. I tried the organic ones from costco...ummmm NO. They don't have that preservative aftertaste that goes with the marshmellow glow.
I like raspberry best followed by strawberry. No "brown sugar" or "smore's" flavors for me because those are just TOO sugary.
Saturday, April 4, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh darn, I was just going to suggest the "Chocolate chip cookie dough" variety cuz they are KILLER. But definitely in the too sugary zone. This coming from the diabetic, hahaha.
Malcom can't get enough of them either! So funny. :D
Mmmmmmm. You make me want to buy some. What does dad think about this? I bet he's having a hard time with his self control :)
-Chels
Post a Comment